1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ticket submitted by RB101

Discussion in 'Help Tickets' started by RB101, 31 August 2019.

1. RB101 Member

Message Count:
    What type of issue do you have?
    Other

If this is a griefing issue, what are the coords?

Type your issue here:
    The Spawn chunks of the server contain an illager tower, this is causing a ridiculous amount of illagers to spawn 24/7 reducing server performance, i'm currently trying to place buttons down everywhere in the area to reduce the spawn rates but it's really difficult to do without dying.

I've considered lava bucketting the area completely to stop it in its tracks, but a player has built there base nearby meaning it'll probably bee seen as a grief if i do.

Not sure how to solve this issue... need admin help for it.
  2. Saladfingers Retired

Message Count:
    When you say server spawn chunks, which world do you mean?
  3. RB101 Member

Message Count:
    I mean "spawn" chunks, the chunks that never unload on a server, these chunks are stupidly close to "0,0,0".
    The sheer number of Pillagers encountered was ridiculous I was tanking to sub 20FPS, and couldn't fight well due to the constant hailstorm of Pillager crossbow arrows (it. never. stopped)

We've placed buttons on every block within 5 chunks of the Pillager tower so nothing can spawn (see discord "chit-chat" section for images) , and the server actually ran pretty good afterwards too. We had 14 people on (on a Saturday Mind you) and all had good connections and no lag/rubberbanding at all.

the tower needs removing/disabling (like we already have) otherwise pillagers will constantly spawn there due to the chunks being "spawn chunks" and never unloading (additionally, unlike regular mobs, Pillagrs don't despawn when a player moves more than 128 blocks away from them, meaning that they continue to spawn 24/7 in the spawn chunks as a result)

EDIT:
    There was easily 100+ pillagers there, and the rate they spawned at meant their numbers recovered very quickly.