1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The post you have all been waiting for **Edited**

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MrsSalad, 7 December 2016.

1. MrsSalad Owner

Message Count:
    It's that time again. Time for SaladCraft to reset it’s maps. Brand new spawn and all new treasures to find!

Main.png

75 Brand new custom quests in one EPIC quest line!
    Rewards you will receive through the quest line:
    32 cooked chicken, 32 mutton, 10 golden apples
    32 beef, 32 bread, 2 cakes, 25 torches Quest gear: pickaxe, sword, shovel
    helm, chest, legs, feet 2 of all spawn eggs: chicken, mooshroom, cow
    sheep, rabbit, pig, horse, villager 16 bat spawn eggs, 16 xp bottles
    +300 mcmmo levels, 16 saladpoints
    1900 xp, 14,150 spoons, 5 diamond blocks
    5 Emerald blocks, 3 wither skulls, 4 soul sand
    1 enderchest
    **The quest line begins at the "Reward giver" in the center of spawn. Each quest npc will take you to the next npc to continue the chain.

If you are registered on this forum, you would have received an email from us about the reset. What we didn't include were the finer details (listed below). Also, I have placed a free TNT shop at the current spawn if you wish to blow up your base to say goodbye to the old map. The free TNT will remain there until reset on Friday. Factions will need to be disbanded before you set off your TNT. We will not disband factions automatically. This way you can choose to blow up your own base, or disband it and let others do it for you.

Now for the details:

What WILL be resetting on Friday 9/12/16:
    • Money/Spoons
    • McMMO
    • S1 map
    • Factions
    • All inventories (This includes enderchests)
    What WILL NOTbe resetting:
    • Ontime (Your playtime will NEVER be removed. The only time anything like this would happen would be if ontime bugged. We would never intentionally remove anyone's playtime.)
    • Saladpoints
    • Forever purchases IE: 100% repair and nick
    • If you have fingerz, that will continue as normal
    Changes starting on new map:
    • We will be returning to Mythic mobs. Infernal mobs will be removed.
    • Slimefun will be updated to 1.11 (may happen sooner than reset) HOWEVER, we will be resetting the slimefun map next week. We want to have a fresh start throughout the server.
    Please note that this list may change before next Friday. Keep an eye on this post. If it has been edited I will change the title to reflect this.

Also, we ask for your patience during the transition to the new map. The server will need to be down while we complete our setup. When it comes down we will announce on the server as well as in the shoutbox. We will also announce once the server is back up and ready to be explored once again. :)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. 8141992 Member

Message Count:
    I might be done then. Nothing personal at all, I just happen to prefer maps to last longer. I work alot so big builds take me 5 or 6 months, plus it takes forever to build up alot of mcmmo. Might pop in every now and then I suppose. Cheers
  3. MrsSalad Owner

Message Count:
    The server has been dead for a while. In fact you haven't been on in over 10 days. We were in need of a reset with changes to come with it. (We haven't reset in just about a year. And before that it was the same amount of time) We are breathing new life into the server. I'm sorry if that upsets you, but seeing the server empty for so long is rather sad knowing how much work we have put into it. So, even MORE work has been put into it attempting to make it bigger, better and more fun.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. 8141992 Member

Message Count:
    Like I said, I totally understand. My work takes me away for 4 or 5 days at a time and I can't always get on when I get back. I was mainly just explaining why this doesnt fit my current situation. I totally understand that for the majority of active players, this is a good thing. I think it's also a good move for the server, since things have been slow. And I vastly appreciate all the hard work you and Mr Salad and the entire staff have put in. In no way am I leaving bitter or unappreciative. :)
  5. Sinakast Member

Message Count:
    Mythic drops....droooool
    You know I love resets. XD I'll miss my spawners though. *cough timeforasale cough*
    The e-mail looked fantastic BTW, not sure who masterminded the construction of that, but kudos.
    I am looking forward to touring the new spawn. Any hidden treasures in it this time around?
  6. MrsSalad Owner

Message Count:
    More this time!
  7. TanathDulnar Member

Message Count:
    With the Slimefun map being reset ( which I assume is inventories and learned recipes as well ) I will be calling it quits myself. I do thank you all for the time I have had while here. You all have been great! I hope that this does bring more people to the server so that it can go on.
  8. MrsSalad Owner

Message Count:
    The reason the slimefun map is being reset is mostly due to the fact that the map itself was a bit of a test. It looks beautiful, yes. But there are several issues with it. One being that finding ore isn't the easiest. Also, finding certain kinds of wood is impossible. The map needs to be re-made so that it is as it should be. This isn't to make anyone upset or anything like that. It is just what needs to be done. Also, there is an update for slimefun, and wouldn't you like to have a 1.11 map to go with it?
  9. TanathDulnar Member

Message Count:
    First and foremost I am a builder, I moved over to the Slimefun server in part because with it being created there was talk of a reset to S1, plus the thoughts of automating processes with machines and stuff sounded cool......and frankly the world was just beautiful. I saw it as more of a challenge, but at the same time as you level up in slimefun getting the materials you want is easy.....it is just a pain to grind through all of it to get to the end.

As I said, I understand why you are doing it and all, but at the same time, I am not going to sink all the time to redo everything to get back to the point I am at now there. I have a build in progress there that I have been working on almost everyday.

I haven't had any issues on Slimefun getting the ores I need at all, part of it boils down to the core of Slimefun, machines. You also learn what trees to cut down to get the wood types you want. It is very easy once you get the lumberjack axe too. The normal ores are not really used in Slimefun ( except for lots and lots and lots of coal ). I had a massive build on S1 I was working on and simply abandoned it due to the talk of the reset of S1, the machines of Slimefun, the insanely beautiful world of Slimefun, and the automation of tasks within slimefun.

I do thank you for the time that I have on Saladcraft, but with a reset I really do not want to continue and have to go through all the time to rebuild everything.
  10. SebbyDerp Member

Message Count:
    Yes! A new reset, been wanting to play MC for a while, but no one else was playing and it will feel great with a fresh new start! Can't wait.