1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spawner restrictions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MrsSalad, 29 April 2015.

1. MrsSalad Owner

Message Count:
    A few changes to the way spawners will work from now on:

• No rank can drop spawners in any world
    • Only Kingspoon & Fingerz can place spawners (unless purchased from the server store)
    • Cannot be sold in chestshops / auctionhouse

Players that have purchased a spawner from the store have a 1 hour window to place it. If they don't place it within that time frame, it becomes unusable.

The reason these changes have come about is because Silk touch spawners were meant for Kingspoon & FIngerz rank only.
    -For a while now we've noticed that players, instead of purchasing Fingerz for themselves, will badger other Fingerz players to silk them. We do not want a perk that is meant for long time players or donators, used by everyone on the server.

If you are a Kingspoon/Fingerz player, and still wish to sell your spawners, don't fret. You still can, but only to other Kingspoon/Fingerz players. Just use the trade window. (Which you can access by right clicking a player)
    • Like Like x 2
  2. 8141992 Staff

Message Count:
    I can see this being a hotly contended decision. I think I agree with it (not that my 2 cents matters :p ) , but I dont think ive ever opened /ahl without seeing at least a few spawners, and I constantly hear lower ranks asking for fingerz/kingspoon to mine them. I'm afraid this won't be popular. But like I said, I think its a good decision. Okay, I'm done being a smartalec now. Kthxbai
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. spacehermit Staff

Message Count:
    two things to note.. first off, now fingerz might be asked infinitely to come place spawners.. ugh.. and second, people wishing to sell spawners will be always advertising in global chat.. and both those things seem a bit lame to me.

was the reason for this server rule change in order to get more people to purchase fingerz? or did you also think it would stop some of the semi-spam messages of people asking fingerz players to pick up spawners? cause now I imagine it to be way more annoying for all said.
    geeze man.. kingspoon seems to take forever to achieve, and I just hope my spawners are still "useable" by then.. the statement of bought spawners becoming "unusable" after an hour worries me, but I figure you just meant that they wouldn't be "useable" by non-fingerz or non-kingspoon players that bought them.. please clarify for me
    I'm not really too worried by this rule change, I'll just have to join the masses and ask fingerz players to place a spawner for me if the need arises, and I never really sell stuff anywho, so not being able to sell simply spawners like most other things really shouldn't bother me too much..

i do dislike rule changes just based on principle though.. ah well.. carry on
  4. Saladfingers Retired

Message Count:
    When a player purchases a spawner from the store they also receive the ability to place, the reason why this lasts for 1 hour is so they don't permanently have the ability to place them. It only makes the spawner unusable in the sense that they cannot be placed. If a player reaches Kingspoon or purchases fingerz they can place them.

Rules change all the time, the server is constantly changing and evolving.
  5. spacehermit Staff

Message Count:
    k, thanks much for clarifying :)

I just don't want to feel like you are against us I suppose o_O
    (bring back integrated circuits I'll take much more abuse without complaining ;))
  6. Saladfingers Retired

Message Count:
    Doesn't really make sense for me to be against the players. i've been at this for almost 4 years, the server would not have lasted that long if my plan was to piss off players. My plan is to make the server fair, balanced and enjoyable. Sometimes tough decisions just need to be made.
  7. Cybergear Member

Message Count:
    these won't be coming back unless there is a massive performance update on craft book. The server becomes unplayable without it.

And I kinda see the "silking spawners for other people" as riding along other people's success (or like how some people always like to group together with the smart kid in class, so they themselves don't have to do much for a project)
    I personally never silked spawners for anyone but myself or kingspoon/fingerz that forgot their silk pick. Moving spawners is in my opinion OP af, so I try to limit myself with that anyways
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. smeichael Member

Message Count:
    A question i wanted to ask: Im fingerz and plan on renewing it when it runs out but my faction member (numnumnum) isn't fingerz or kingspoon. If i made a faction grinder as is my plan... Does that mean myself/her could get in trouble for letting her use it?

Update: Elmore said it would be fine if she was in my faction.

Also if i ran out of fingerz and didnt renew would it also mean that i cannot use spawners i had previously placed?

Update: Elmore said that I was fine to use them just not move/place anymore till i renewed.

Personally i'm not 100% sure about this decision i don't mind the not selling them but i (speaking personally only can't vouch if other people feel the same) do not mind mining spawners for people. The fact fingerz has that is good and i get its a valid marketing perk. But when i looked into fingerz it was other factors (mainly fly) that made me want to get it?

I'm not just trying to start an argument just got a couple of questions and my opinion. Feel free to disagree/agree with any points I made :)
  9. brag123 Member

Message Count:
    Hello there.

I recently bought 2 blaze-spawners and 1 zombie-spawner from the market, hoping to get some profit by selling them afterwards, but now I guess I can't. I haven't tried, but I guess I won't be able to place them either, so their no use until I have played for 48 days.
    Am I still allowed to sell them if I sell them to a Fingerz or KingSpoon? And what about the grinders I have already made? Am I still allowed to use them?
    Thanks in advance for your answer.

Sincerely,
    Brage.
  10. MrsSalad Owner

Message Count:

You can sell them, but only to a Kingspoon or Fingerz player using the trade window. (If they had been purchased recently on the server store, a staff member will place them for you.)