1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PTR (test) server

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Saladfingers, 3 June 2015.

1. Saladfingers Retired

Message Count:
    A public test server has been setup so players may try out new features before we add them to the main servers. The server is basically a clone of S1 with some key differences:
    • All ranks have been replaced with 'Tester', which is essentially fingerz without /fly
    • mcmmo xp tripled
    • All pets are available
    • No factions
    • No chest lock
    • PvP is on
    • Increased legendary drop chance
    • increased money from monsters
    • You cannot vote from the test server
    • The server will most likely be reset every 1-2 weeks
    Nothing is permanent - Things can and will be deleted or changed at any time without notice.

To connect just type /ptr
    A menu item will added shortly.

Please leave feedback or suggestions by replying to this thread. Also, please note that some features on the PTR may never make it to the production servers.

The server may be considerably more laggy depending on where you are in the world. We are hosting the PTR in Washington state, but the bungeecord is still in France. So your connection will go: You > France > WA.

New things on the PTR
    PTR = Public Test Realm
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Not_8bitarrow Member

Message Count:
    I see you listened to Frozen's post. I think a test server would be beneficial.
  3. Cybergear Member

Message Count:
    There pretty much always has been a test server. Just not public. Whenever we wanted to add a big thing (like minigames before) it got added to a staff-only test server for a couple days/weeks before deciding to add it.

Just got a few questions.
    I guess the server is completely seperatie, so mcmmo won't go to eg. S1? And I guess playtime won't either?
  4. Saladfingers Retired

Message Count:
    Everything is separate, there isn't even a playtime plugin added to the PTR
  5. scruffles87 Staff

Message Count:
    I have a few questions regarding staff on the test server. Are the S1/S2 staff allowed to raid on it, will we be able to take action across servers, and are there any separate rules we should be aware of?
    Also, will /nick available?
  6. Saladfingers Retired

Message Count:
    The test server is pretty much a free-for-all, you can do whatever you want. There's no nick.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. spacehermit Staff

Message Count:
    is pvp allowed on the test server, auto-redstone farming stuffs, and/or is horribly griefing everything in site allowed? Could be fun for a change of pace. :)
  8. scruffles87 Staff

Message Count:
    From my understanding, all of that is allowed. But also remember that this server is intended for testing plugins. I'm pretty sure both the herobrine and werewolf plugins require pvp to be enabled.
  9. Saladfingers Retired

Message Count:
    More changes:

• Difficulty set to hard
    • Enabled fire spread
    • Enabled creeper block damage
    • Enabled enderman griefing
    • Enabled wither block damage
    • Ghasts will ruin the nether
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. smeichael Member

Message Count:
    As flattered i am that you see my head as a 'Tool and Supply' in the /ashop on the PTR server, i'm fairly sure it shouldn't be there haha :p

Best bug ever :p

Just thought i'd point it out.

That has now gone on my CV as a claim to fame ;)

Attached Files: