1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plundering World

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by InamateSum, 20 December 2018.

1. InamateSum Member

Message Count:
    Hey, so I know y'all are busy and this will need time to set up, so I understand if you're not interested in the idea.

So I've noticed that when it comes to generated structures (strongholds, sea temples, mansions, etc.) it's very common to find them explored already, even at the edges of the map. Wherever you /rtp, there seems to be some signs of someone already being there (torches, broken blocks, diorite snowmen).

This has more than likely been a problem long before, but it has been worsened by the introduction of sea temple and mansion maps, which often lead to explored locations.

As such, I was considering the idea of a plundering world that resets weekly (like the end - perhaps biweekly to limit resources). This would be a separate world that shares inventories with the main survival world. You could also disable homes in that world if it would help limit resources further.

This will allow people to get world-limited resources and use maps without completely expending them.
  2. Sinakast Staff

Message Count:
    Not a bad idea. I've seen it on other servers as a resource world (keep surface strip mining eyesores to a minimum) and it seems to help keep the world pretty. Those seem to reset monthly or bimonthly. It also helps people gather things like clay, sand and gravel, not just structures. If it were to be implemented though, I'd like to see it as a random reset so you don't have top end players poised the moment it launches to go strip the temples like they currently do with things like the End.
  3. MrsSalad Owner

Message Count:
    We like the idea. It is being discussed.