1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Mob Arenas!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MrsSalad, 25 May 2015.

1. MrsSalad Owner

Message Count:
    Portal & Ice!

2015-05-24_23.55.18.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. MrsSalad Owner

Message Count:
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Lithium_ Member

Message Count:
    They look awesome! Good job, MrsSalad! :D
  4. Georgia_USM Member

Message Count:

Heres a look at the Portal one!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. smeichael Member

Message Count:
    I do love both these arenas they look great and are fun to play! However with the portal ma it appears to cause server lag if someone spectates. (myself an blade tested this) the more people there the lower the TPS. I understand its just been released so obviously there will be bugs and stuff to resolve. I also noticed that on ice there is a hole in it which you fall into and can't get out, mobs have a small chance of spawning in walls so are unable to be hit. And personally (this isnt a fault just an opinion/suggestion so feel free to disregard this) I feel that perhaps fall damage should be disabled within the mob arenas?

However i do reiterate i love both these arenas and have enjoyed playing them so far :D
  6. Sinakast Staff

Message Count:
    The lag might be caused by new spectators who are still loading the area, much in the same way that new players sometimes lag out for their first 5 minutes or so in spawn. I hope it eases up.
  7. Blade_The_Wind Member

Message Count:
    The arena seems to be the cause of lag, as we're experiencing less than 15 TPS every time the portal arena is used.
  8. Not_8bitarrow Member

Message Count:
    It affects people outside of the actual arena. I was monitoring the TPS, whilst smeichael spectated. It dropped a solid 8 TPS.
  9. MrsSalad Owner

Message Count:
    There were several people playing in these arena's yesterday. There were zero issues. The staff and I have a hunch as to what is causing the server lag. I will be looking into it when I log on shortly.

**EDIT** Since checked both of them. Tested portal with a handful of people, no issues. Server TPS didn't drop once.

As for the ice arena, I do not know what caused the hole in the arena, but it has since been fixed.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. xXjaguarXx Member

Message Count: