1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info about Infernal Mobs Plugin

Discussion in 'Community Help' started by Wallybean, 5 August 2016.

1. Wallybean Member

Message Count:
    A fun thing that replaced mythic mobs, but generates lots of questions. If anyone has info to add or corrections to my info please do so below.

Basically there is a chance for mobs around you to spawn as infernals, mini boss types that have a wide variety of abilities and will be noticeable by the flaming sparks and smoke around them. Note that they can even be passive mobs as I have seen a infernal polar bear (I was not in a cold biome at the time) and others have reported infernal rabbits.

You will get messages like, "You hear a faint scream" which seems to indicate within your local chat range is a infernal, "watch out" seems to be closer, perhaps 50ish blocks and if they are closer still it will say "you hear a infernal zombie/etc nearby. If you are on the surface, it could be the mob is in a cave/ravine/unlit mine beneath you somewhere, and vice versa if you are mining.

Loot obtained from the infernals does not adhere to your typical items or enchant restrictions, seeing things with say unbreaking 10 or mending 5. They also drop shields and charms that can give you a special boost if worn or held in hand, like a power boost you would get from a strength potion or ability to poison mobs. No longer in effect as of 8/6. Its important to note that unlike drops from mythic mobs you can generally add enchants to this gear as if had no enchant, so if you find a good item and are using it, you probably want to add mending or such. You can also salvage off very strong enchants from the gear but say you acquire Protection 10 on a book, when you try to add that to a piece of armor it will only give the item prot 4. In my experience the higher thorns does not actually seem to do more than thorns 3 but fortune 4 does seem to do more than fortune 3, you will have to experiment to see whats actually giving more or worthwhile bonus for you.

Tips: When fighting a infernal, ranged is your friend, a good bow will make you less likely to be one shot or heavily damaged, you may still be blinded, poisoned, affected by thorns but hopefully you have a chance to eat/drink a pot if needed. Good armor is obvious but if you need more help consider using wolves as well.

Edited 8/6/16 for change to charms/shields affects.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Sinakast Staff

Message Count:
    Full agreement on the ranged. I recommend NOT using a bow with knockback though. If you are far enough away from one that does cause blindness when you shoot them, sometimes you will be outside their teleport range and can just keep shooting at the same place they were before you went blind, and kill them that way. If you use knockback, you will have to wait for the blindness to wear off, then hope you can find them again, then repeat the process until they die. Which takes a while even with a good bow and decent archery skill.
  3. EnderBabe Member

Message Count:
    So I've encountered 3 infernal mobs as of recently. first encounter i was completely clueless to plugin, i never got to actually see it, but i heard it while in my base and read the blurb in the chat. second was last night, and my friend and i went to fight off this nasty fast as all hell, spider. lol well he fought it as i flew around it shooting arrows trying to avoid my friend in the process lol. I'm dreadfully arachnophobic in irl which embarrassingly enough has transferred into my MC world, i know so pathetic LOL;P anyways, that lil speed demon vanished. but my friend did say he encountered some nasty buffs during the fight. the spider won that fight for sure LOL. and my last encounter was today and it was a victorious one at that. this time i didn't hear anything nor did it display in chat, but i saw the sparks flying off a creeper as i did my daily fly and hunt mobs activity. My recommendation on the best way to handle these sparky hostiles is to fly (which i know will exclude some folks, sorry) and shoot with your best bow. i always use/carry my Legendary Thori'dal, the Stars Bow whenever I'm slaying mobs. took 3 shots i believe and yes i was blinded each shot but being high up in the air kept me safe and kept my prey in my sights once the blindness went away. the best part about this whole ordeal was i was completely oblivious to what this plugin was all about. i figured okay this is no ordinary mob slaying so i figured id get more spoons like with enderman drops. so i go down to swoop up my loot and to my surprise, a beautiful glowing lil star appeared at my feet. a nether star (obviously). I've never seen one before (I'm SUCHA NOOB) I was giddy about it all day.

I LOVE THIS PLUGIN, so THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

And I LOVE this server more and more:)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. EnderBabe Member

Message Count:
    one question, not sure if i should post it here, but its relevant: i know with mythic mobs, whenever u encountered mobs the chance of getting drops was way high if not almost every kill. what are the spawning rates or chances of encounter with the infernal mobs? for example if I'm just moseying along exploring, how many encounters might i have in 1hour for example? sorry if this question can't be answered so simply. I'm just curious and want to know how aware i need to be. i often have my volume very low sometimes off while i play, and when I'm in a mining zone, i don't pay too much attention to the chat screen. i don't want to miss my chances of scoring more nether stars lol
  5. Wallybean Member

Message Count:
    Seems like a fairly low chance for them to spawn, when I have flown around for an hour exploring the map I only came across a couple that I saw on the surface. Originally it was tuned a bit higher but I think Salad might of lowered it a little since. They show up frequently in say a guardian farm or mob fighting area in the nether if you should make one of those. The problem for most people is it spawning in a cave or something in the area around you below ground so you don't actually see the mob despite chat messages.