1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connectivity issues.

Discussion in 'Community Help' started by CyrusJazzberry, 22 November 2017.

1. CyrusJazzberry Member

Message Count:
    Heyo! I recently decided to play Saladcraft again after a long while - last version I remember playing with is around 1.8. Anywho, I updated to 1.12.2 and now I constantly get two glaring errors on every server I try playing. It's either a 'Connection Lost: Disconnected', or an 'Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host'. Oddly enough I could play earlier today, and after the server restarted these errors kicked back up.

I've done quite a bit of internet sleuthing, and the Disconnected error usually occurs when a connection is bad- which is not the case. I don't have the best internet in the world but YouTube HD streaming and all other online games I play handle nicely.

The Internal Exception seems to be a firewall or antivirus blocking Java or something. I've added every Java entry to be allowed through Windows Firewall, and everything Minecraft and Java related is added to Avast Antivirus' exceptions list.

I've tried restarting my router, restarting my computer, reinstalling Minecraft; none of it seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.