1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auction Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Saladfingers, 7 May 2013.

1. Saladfingers Retired

Message Count:
    The auction system is restricted to the following items:
    • Diamond Tools
    • Diamond Armor
    • Diamond Weapons
    • Beacons
    • Nether Stars
    • Wither Skulls
    • Mob Heads
  2. crunchpodx

Message Count:
    I Feel like this is a bad move, not only because I auction a lot, but because whoever didn't like it or felt it was a nuisance could simply write /auc ignore.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cybergear Member

Message Count:
    The auction system was used regularly for 1x rotten flesh, and that 15 times in a row. This is to counter it. And who knows, maybe if its doing better for a while, salad will loosen up the restrictions a bit?
  4. Taazer209 Member

Message Count:
    I have noticed alot of useless auction as well. Maybe you could add enchanted books though as alot of people look for those and they are hard to put in shops!! Cheers to the best staff and server!!!
  5. Saladfingers Retired

Message Count:
    I've added enchanted books
  6. crunchpodx

Message Count:
    That's not the system failing, that's the users abusing it, if someone does something like that blacklist the user from the auctions.
  7. archiesci Member

Message Count:
    I think that if people do auction 1 rotten flesh they should get banned for a day of the auction if this is possible and if they carry on auction stupid items they could be banned from the auction because you get a lot of usefull people who put items up for them so they don't have to go through every shop till they find what they are looking for. my other point is, is you don't keep every item on auction when you trade with people sometimes you pay someone for an item and they don't give it to you. my last idea is cant u jst take of rotten flesh of the auction that would be so much easier
  8. MrsSalad Owner

Message Count:
    I've seen you personally crunch, auction 1 emerald 10 times in a row. If you wanted to sell all of them, you should have auctioned them as a whole. Either that, or put them in a shop. Selling 1 of anything over and over is very spammy. And perhaps some people were awaiting something they wanted to buy, so they don't type /auc ignore. They shouldn't have to sit through 10 emerald auctions consecutively. And that is just an example. I've seen other people do similar things. If you want to sell something, just throw them up there. If you think that is too much for an auction, then put it in a shop. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
  9. archiesci Member

Message Count:
    then y cant u stop people auc just 1 item more than 2 times in a row this could last over 10 mins or if u see people doing this just ban em
  10. mattanardo Member

Message Count:
    isn't this kind of unfair on the people who can't afford shops. i mean 50k is quite a lot for people to accumulate, auctions also allowed people to get things they needed instantly and in bulk instead of standing in a shop for ages punching a sign.

atleast put ores on there again. or allow rustyspoons to use all. and just take it away from them if they abuse it.